Find an Orthodontist Near You
OAP Course Materials
Welcome to the new CAO members website and the CAO OAP course.
After many years of lobbying and legislation we have an orthodontic assistant career ladder, an educational pathway, and our own approved OAP course. The goal was to provide an orthodontic assistant course you could conveniently teach within your individual offices. I hope you will find the CAO OAP course meets the educational needs of your orthodontic assistants seeking the orthodontic permit and your expectations.
The course materials includes documents specific to the Dental Board of California OAP application, our CAO OAP approved course, and a CAO OAP Study Guide. I have provided instructions to assist with completing the instructor application.
I have attempted to provide an organized list of instructions to complete the application as well as assist with the download of all the material you will need for the course. As with any document of this size, we may have omitted or left unclear some aspect of the application or the course. Please contact CAO with your comments and suggestions by email and we will try and assist you.
Michael H. Payne
Please download and read instructions first.
DOCUMENTS TO CUSTOMIZE (IMPORTANT! FOR DOWNLOAD ONLY)
- Introduction BJ Runquist Susan Zand
- Orthodontic Banding Michael Payne Earl Johnson
- Removal of Orthodontic Bands and Cement Matt Molitor Gerald Nelson
- Preparing Teeth for Bonding Michael Payne Doug Jaul
- Bracket Placement and Removal Greg Nalchajian Wanda Claro
- Arch Wire Characteristics and Properties Greg Adams Earl Johnson
- Removal of Cement with Ultrasonics CDA Course Tom Chin
Teaching Methodology Course:
Dental Board of California Orthodontic Permit Page for assistants to apply:
Dental Board of California Orthodontic Permit Application for assistants:
CDA compass which has most of the compliance documents we used for the application: